The area land for the lighthouse was sold by Drejer to the Norwegian state for 300 spesidaler. The first light to secure the entrance to Henningsvær was erected in 1857. The lighthouse had several buildings; storehouse and sheds and the light house keeper had both cows and sheep. The light in the white building was replaced by the light further south in 1935 and the existing buildings were sold.
The lighthouse is privately owned and there has been carried out a thorough restoration.
Please respect that the premises are private.