This house was originally a double “rorbu”, with a peat covered roof, for visiting fishermen during the season. In 1927 the house became a lodge. The first lodge in Henningsvær, founded in 1884 and run by the teetotaler movement, had the name “Morgenrøden”. This lodge was closed and a new one run by IOGT was started in 1911, and named “Solvarden”. The children’s lodge was called “Solvardblomsten”.